At Dentistry by Angela Britt, one of the things we love about dentistry is that it’s NEVER boring. Between the personalities of our patients, the variety of conditions we treat, and the ever-changing world of dental technology, we have to stay on our toes. One particular piece of technology that we’re excited about is our WaterlaseⓇ Surgical Laser. Why should YOU care about the Waterlase? Because it’s yet another way that we are able to enhance your experience when you visit.
What Is Waterlase?
Waterlase combines the powers of water and lasers to safely and comfortably perform dental procedures. Like most other lasers, Waterlase allows us to treat you with greater comfort and improved healing time. The other benefits of Waterlase include:
- It works not only on hard tissue like teeth, but soft tissue like your gums. This means we can do tissue lifts, remove hyperpigmentation (darkening) of the oral tissues, and perform periodontal procedures.
- It’s practically painless! As the laser cuts through the tooth’s surface, a constant stream of water prevents the heating that can cause pain.
- It lacks the elements that induce anxiety. Hate the sound of a drill? Can’t stand needles? These are often cited as sources of dental anxiety; with Waterlase, they are sometimes unnecessary.
- It saves you time. Many procedures that require the use of Waterlase can be completed the day of diagnosis. This means YOU won’t have to take the time to return to our office or see a specialist for your procedure.
- It’s precise! Laser technology allows us to remove less of the tooth’s surface and focus only on the exact area requiring treatment. This is another reason that Waterlase is less painful than other treatment methods.
- It’s safe. Our tools and equipment are always safe and sterile, but because the Waterlase never actually touches your tooth, there’s zero risk of cross contamination.
Using state-of-the-art technology is just one of the ways we are able to ensure that your visit is as expedient and comfortable as possible. If you’d like to experience our patient-centered care and live in or near Brunswick, Georgia, we’d love to be part of your healthcare team. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation.