Would you love to straighten your teeth with Invisalign® but are hesitant to start treatment? We know that it can be nerve racking to start a process that doesn’t give you immediate results, so we want you to consider the appearance of your future smile as well as how Invisalign® can benefit your oral health. We want to take a moment to share more information about the treatment process and address any concerns or questions you may have.
Important Information to Know About Invisalign®
Invisalign® is a popular orthodontic treatment option for patients who are looking to straighten their teeth discreetly. The clear aligner trays allow patients to continue going about their day to day without drawing attention to the fact that you are receiving treatment. During your personal consultation, we will explain what you can expect from treatment. With the help of modern technology, we can show you a preview of your teeth during various stages of treatment, as well as what your final results will look like. We know that many patients have a long list of questions about the details, so we are sharing some important general information about treatment:
- For the best results, aligners should be worn 20-23 hours a day.
- Aligners need to be worn in the correct sequence and according to our instructions on how long to wear each set.
- It is best to store aligners in a case while eating and not use a paper towel or napkin.
- We recommend using a toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to clean your aligners, being sure to avoid any harsh chemicals.
- Use your fingers to place the aligners in your mouth and push them into place. The aligners will be tight at first and then fit more comfortably immediately before they need to be changed. This is a great indication that your teeth are shifting appropriately.
If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign® or have any additional questions during treatment, be sure to contact our office located in Brunswick, GA to schedule a consultation. We look forward to assisting in your journey towards straighter teeth.